Follow this step-by-step guide to settlement in Alberta to ease your transition into your new life in Canada.
You will find contact information for each service agency that you will require to get started, whether you are moving to the city of Calgary, the city of Edmonton or the surrounding areas.
In this Landing Guide to Alberta you’ll find information on
General Information on Alberta
Official provincial immigration website: www.albertacanada.com/opportunity/immigrating
Official city of Calgary website:www.calgary.ca
Official City of Edmonton website:www.edmonton.ca
Health Care in Alberta
Legal residents of Alberta are eligible for public health insurance. To qualify, register with Alberta health care within three months of arrival.
- For complete information on public health services in Alberta, visit www.health.gov.ab.ca
- For complete information on the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan (AHCIP), visit the AHCIP Contact page: www.health.alberta.ca/contact
- For questions regarding Alberta’s health care system, email@example.com
- For Alberta Waitlist Registry inquiries, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For information on the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan, call 310-0000 toll free, then dial 780-427-1432.
- You can also send a letter to: Alberta Ministry of Health and Wellness, P.O. Box 1360, Station Main, Edmonton, AB T5J 2N3
Deaf/hearing impaired callers, using a TTY, can reach the provincial government by dialing: 780-427-9999 in Edmonton, or 1-800-232-7215 throughout Alberta. Note: This is not a voice line.
The Alberta Alcohol and Drug Abuse Commission (AADAC) provides 24-hour information, support, and referral services relating to gambling, alcohol or other drug problems. Visit: www.albertahealthservices.ca or phone: 1-866-332-2322.